Exotic Miley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miley Cyrus Fan Forum!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hannah's best friend

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Princess
Miley Fan
Miley Fan
Princess

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Hannah's best friend Empty
PostSubject: Hannah's best friend   Hannah's best friend EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 5:49 am

Most people know Emily Osment for her role as Hannah Montana's best friend Lilly.
But the Disney series isn't Osment's only claim to fame, and her fans will be seeing a lot more of her in 2008.

"I just wrapped on a movie called 'Dadnapped' in Salt Lake and I'm starting another movie ("Soccer Mom") in about a week," said Osment, who will sign autographs at the Peoria Rivermen game from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Friday. "And then I'm also working on some music, so I'm pretty busy."

With "Hannah Montana" on hiatus, the break has given Osment time to get some other projects rolling. Between acting and working with a private tutor, the star keeps pretty busy. But a brisk schedule is nothing new for her. She's been in showbiz since age 5 or 6, following in the footsteps of her brother, "Sixth Sense" star Haley Joel Osment. She started with a commercial for a florist, and before getting her big break she spent nearly a decade taking minor roles - everything from a guest spot on "Friends" to playing Gertie Giggles in "Spy Kids 2." She's also acted in "R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: Don't Think About It," which was released last fall.

Osment said it would be difficult to name her favorite job so far.

"I think that would be a tie," she said. "I mean, 'Hannah Montana' is so much fun, we have so much fun down there and nothing could really compete with that. But I just finished 'Dadnapped,' and movies are so much fun. We got to stay in Salt Lake and I had a bunch of friends that were living with me, we just had a blast."

Despite dealing with stardom at age 15, Osment says she's pretty much a normal teen.

"I love to play the guitar and when it's not hot, I like to snowboard," she said. Her favorite subjects are history and English, and she looks up to other stars just as much as some fans look up to her.

"I really like Natalie Portman. I think she's just sort of a role model for me because I think she's such a great actress and a really great person. I think I'd really like to meet her," Osment said. "And also Christian Bale, because he's really cool."

Osment said she doesn't usually watch "Hannah Montana" when she sees it on television.

"When we shoot 'Hannah Montana,' we actually get to see the playback, the stuff that we've shot the day before or whatever. So we actually get to see it right there, so there's not really a need to watch it. Sometimes I'll be at my friend's house and they'll like to annoy me and turn it on."

Nobody would blame Osment if she wanted to sit back and admire the show. After all, it has captured young audiences around the nation. And that's something to be proud of - especially since landing the role was something of a challenge in itself.

"I had to audition about four times, I think. A lot of people think they just hand you the job," Osment said. "I know Miley started auditioning for this when she was like 12. And I started a little after that. It was a very long process; a lot of auditions, we auditioned with different people. But it all worked out in the end."
Back to top Go down

Hannah's best friend
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Exotic Miley :: Everything! :: Forum Entertainment Center-
Jump to: